Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where we (I) stand

In case anyone was wondering about my attire in the past few current pictures, It's quite simple. No I haven't joined a cult or commune. Just one word - pajamas.

We have our medical game plan for the next few weeks. This past Wednesday I did not need my second Neupogen shot. Next Monday March 23rd I will have my blood work and then on April 1st I will have my PET/CT scan. That's it for now. Almost a reprieve of sorts.

So in light of this I am going to spend a few days with my Mom in Boca towards the end of March. I look forward to seeing and spending time with her, the change of scenery and maybe some nice weather! I may even toss in some fishing for good measure.
Now with regards to Dennis,his fine work in Zimbabwe and his amazing letter updates. We are still continuing to work with and assist Dennis with donations. As you can see from the above currency from Zim it is completely ridiculous. Pretty but worthless. Foreign currency is the only currency used for daily trade. I am not going to keep appealing for help as I think the letters are self explanatory and self appealing. Whatever donations we get are going straight to him and are being used 100% for food medicine and whatever else is needed. The difficult thing is when word gets out of the assistance he is providing he is sometimes overwhelmed and has to make some really tough decisions. For me personally, it seems so easy to make the decision to send a donation and not have to decide who gets what over there!!!

Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world.
- Jerusalem Talmud, Sanhedrin 4:8 (37a)

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. HI ADE SORRY YOU DID NOT GET MY MESSAGE ON YOUR BLOG YESTERDAY IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTORS OR TYPING AND AFTER LEAVING YOU A LENTHY MESSAGE I THINK I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON YESTERDAY WAS THE 1ST TIME I MANAGED TO GET ONTO THE BLOG AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS AS I SAID COMPUTORS ARE NOT MY THING SO GLAD TO SEE YOUR DOING OK RUSS AND GEMMA KEEP ME UP TO DATE ON YOUR PROGRESS PHYLLIS AND I WILL BE IN THE STATES OVER PESECH WE ARE COMING TO LA ON THE 9TH AND ON THE 18TH GOING TO LAS VEGAS FOR A WEEK (I'VE NEVER BEEN TO VEGAS) I REMEMBER FLYING WITH YOU OUT OF DALLAS OVER SOUTHFORK WITH MY SON ROBERT WHO WAS ABOUT 10 AT THE TIME AND HE FELT AIRSICK SO WE HAD TO TURN BACK DO YOU REMEMBER HE,S 30 NOW WHERE HAVE THE YEARS GONE WILL WRITE AGAIN SOON LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU REGARDS TONY

    ReplyDelete