Monday, March 16, 2009

Chemo 4 (Round 4)

Hey it's chemo day. Whoop De Doo. You know, I make all these strange comments and complaints about chemo day but the reality is I can only hope what I am enduring will pay off.

We will be getting our treatment records from Sinai Hospital today as we are planning to go for another consult with a different group of doctors and a different hospital. I will explain more at a later date about what lead up to all of this. Suffice to say, that when Dr. Erlich establishes his practice he will be my Primary Oncologist. Lets hope it's soon.

Well we got everything accomplished. I got the full poisoning so it took about 5 to 6 hours. We elected to include the Oxiliplatin ( the sensitive to cold chemo). I thought that on the off chance it may help then why not. This was the last chemo in this series and now I will get PET/CT scan on April 1st. Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be getting my Neupogen shots. My pre chemo blood work looked fine but they need to keep the white blood counts elevated with these shots. In the meantime, Diana wandered around the hospital getting all my records and then took them over to our consult Doctors office. We keep our copy for our records and it made for some interesting reading! For the most part it was nothing we did not already know. It was just weird to read some really technical operative stuff.

I was a little tired in the evening but generally felt ok. Passed the time watching House and 24 on TV.

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. It goes without saying that we are all thinking of you today. Let the medicine attack your enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny-

    It was really great speaking to you during your chemo session. Your positive attitude should be an inspiration to us all. Keep it up my friend.

    Dean

    ReplyDelete