Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Making a difference

There is a wonderful news segment that NBC nightly news with Brian Williams has been airing for the past week or so. The basic gist of the segments are what amazingly generous deeds many individuals and businesses are doing during these tough times. It is incredibly moving and inspiring.

If my blog, in any way, inspires or encourages anyone to trust and listen to their bodies and get the medical help they need then I am truly happy. If my trials, travails and tribulations inspire any of you to do whatever good you can do in this short life time, then again, I and the beneficiaries are eternally grateful.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give".
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965).

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thought...and an equally wonderful quote from Sir Winston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ade-
    I know I've said this several times before, but I am, apparently Blogosphere-Challenged. I just wrote a whole bunch of stuff and it seems to have been flushed down the toilet before I finished my schpiel! So now, I'm gonna have to summarize. First of all, I want to tell you how super-awesome it was to actually see you IN PERSON in NY! That was a big highlight for me and for my sister, Judi, aka, JD. You look fantastic, and of course, not surprisingly, you made me laugh as you have so often when reading your blog. I've told you before that I think you should be a writer!

    I just got back from NY/NJ trip and felt very disconnected from your updates. I was acutely aware of your chemo on Monday. Did you get my VIBES? I sent them to you-- direct!

    Your last blog was very inspiring. You have offered to all your readers so much of yourself and your interest in helping others. You really are a great role model, Ade. You have already made a diffence and continue to do so.

    By the way, what did you say ManU is again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ade,
    Just wanted to check in before the night is done. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok. I know it is not fun, but please ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND that there are so many people out here in the world thinking of you at all times of the day and night!
    XXXXEM

    ReplyDelete