Monday, November 3, 2008

PET/CAT Scan with great news

This morning I went for my PET/CAT Scan. I am so used to the whole procedure and what's required of me that I should now be working there! Diana came with me and we got there at 8am and were done by 9:30am.

Fast forward 7 hours. Dr. Erlich just called. He had some great news - there were no signs of cancer anywhere - nodes, lungs, what's left of my brain etc. The only thing that lit up on the scan was the radiation pneumonitis in my lung, which has vastly improved with the steroids. That is what is still causing me to cough and sound like an asthmatic! We were thrilled with this development. Tomorrow, when we meet with Dr. Erlich, we will get more info and ask all our questions then. Phew!!!

We picked Rob up from College Park this afternoon. She is home to vote and, of course, get her laundry done. Typical college kid.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Great, great news! Sooo happy to read that!
    Now you can get ready for your next task- and I hope that as an African-American (I guess the real kind) you know what you should vote tomorrow... (I’m Asian, and I can’t vote in this country so I try to get other people to do it for me ;-))
    Tal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome news, Ade!!! So very happy to hear the results of your scan! Now, you can concentrate on election day and watching the results come in! Hoping the news will be just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tal and Emmy please send me your email addresses to: asuskin@hotmail.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete