Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day

I seldom, if ever, will discuss religion or politics here on my blog. Having said that, I will tell you that Rob and I voted today. I was really proud to be able to vote with her and see how seriously she took her obligation and right to vote. Hopefully, all of you out there that are able to vote, vote.

Our meeting with Dr. Erlich went really well. He reiterated what he had told us on the phone about the scan results, which was all good. I can only hope for this kind of result in all future scans. I will be staying on the same dosage of Sutent for now but the blood work will only be done monthly and not bi-weekly. The scans will continue every two months with the next one scheduled in early January. I will also be having another MUGA scan (for the heart) around the same time.

It is quite amazing when you get medical test results. When the news is good or bad you seem to mentally question it! Are you sure they are my test results? Could they have missed something? Did they read or interpret the scans incorrectly or correctly? And on, and on, and on............I think you get the picture. Somehow you need to enjoy and relish the positive and good news and if the news is not so good, deal with it!

Congratulations to President Elect Obama. Thank you to John McCain. The country has spoken and now we move on. No tanks or troops in the streets. Life goes on and hopefully in a positive and good direction for all.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment