Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend update

Sounds like something from Saturday Night Live. Well, Man Utd lost to Chelsea 2-1 but they are still on top of the premiership table. Mugabe did not manage to overturn the parliamentary votes and when they finally publish the presidential count I'll bet he lost that to. It was great to have my niece Lily here with us even though it was brief.

It's been a rough weekend for me. The swallowing issue is really difficult and now I have to be very careful what I consume. Too acidic and I don't have to tell you what it does to me. I am really trying but my appetite has waned somewhat. I have had headaches on and off this weekend which is a relatively new development. We will discuss this with the Doctors on Monday. I am also generally achy from the radiation treatments and the naps are getting longer. All in all, not the best of weekends. But to put a positive spin on all of this, I am pretty much 3/4 of the way through the initial treatment.

4 comments:

  1. Keep pushing. We're with you. We know it sucks...but you've got an amazing attitude. As you said...you are 75% done and you can smell the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the chinese food...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Winston Churchill said:

    “If you are going through hell, keep going.”

    Keep going Ade. We are as always with you.

    I took Ilan and giant Zach to the football on Sat. Was great to see both of them and we went for delicious beef ribs after. The match was good despite being somewhat marred by the racist, vile yobs sitting next to us. Chelsea fans are the worst. Racism is disgusting.

    I'll sort out some more tickets for when you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ade! Greetings from London. Finally made it up to date in your blog. You are amazing and it's a great read.

    Keep eating - even if it hurts it will help you heal better if your reserves are well stocked.

    We'll look forward to seeing you here when you have won.

    Best wishes

    Malcolm

    PS Hope this posting comment thing works!!

    ReplyDelete