Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Radiation Round 23 & Chemo Round 6

Believe it or not, this was my last chemo in this round of treatment. Whoopee. Mary was her usual fantastic self and cubicle/room 7A was as comfortable as ever. Phil came in for the day from New York. It was great for her to sit through a treatment with me. She met Mary, Dr. Erlich and the rest of his staff and got to sample those yummy sandwiches and potato soup. We also got to do some medication adjustments to help me during this tough time.

We then went to radiation and round 23 went fairly quickly.

Here is the game plan for the next few weeks. I will continue on with my radiation treatments at the new facility until May 16th. That will take me to a total of 35 rounds of radiation. I will also continue to receive the targeted cancer drug called Avastin. This will happen next Wednesday and then continuing on every two weeks. It will be administered the same way it has been all along. Via my trusty Portacath. Around about June 13th (Friday 13th I might add) I will have a PET/CT scan. They will then re stage where we are with the cancer.

Sometime the weekend of June 14th/15th we are going to have a party here at our home. We plan to celebrate a number of things. Firstly, fathers day, Secondly, Diana and my anniversary (23rd, but who is counting). And thirdly, the completion of this first battle in the war. Who knows what the results will be. We only hope for the best and know whatever we are dealt with we will deal with.



Enjoy this beautiful Zimbabwe sunset taken by me at the Hwange National Park in August 2007. Maybe better times ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Ade. Glad to know that Phil got down to hang with you for a while today. That must've been nice for both of you.

    Sounds like you are moving along in this process--congrats on finishing this first round of treatment. Every day of treatment means one less day of treatment; that is the way to look at it. It's good that you're med team are giving you the "game plan;" this way you know what you've got ahead of you.

    I've been reading some of your older blogs, and I am so impressed by your attitude. Loved seeing the Max and Luca photo. They definitely look related!

    Keep on trucking, Ade. One day at a time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Adrian, on finishing this round of chemo. It's great that Phil was able to come down and spend the day with you.

    I was following your game plan for the coming weeks. It's sounds as though you have a lot to celebrate in June.

    Keep fighting and looking forward. Remember, you have a lot of people rooting for you.

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. so we take on chelsea on two fronts now. this could either be a great success (as borat says) or a massive collapse.
    in other news, i have housing.

    in other other news, LNG LIVE TSVANGIRAI. lesser of two evils, we will see what happens. they still say he needs another run off (bloody hell!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Phil was there yesterday. And my sisters are blog-responders! Quick...get your mom a iPhone so she can join the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ATTENTION: GRAMMAR CORRECTION ON EM'S 4-30 ENTRY

    I meant to say "your med team" not "you're." I know better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait for the partay!
    i think the cousins (so i guess 4 of us?) should coordinate a dance. i'll get han and rob on that. mike and i can be the nerdy gimps in the back.

    ReplyDelete