Thursday, April 3, 2008

Radiation Round 7

Boring. Today was quick and painless. Just how I like it. I feel remarkably good physically and mentally.

I went for my 1 year post hip surgery check up this morning. Everything looked great as far as the hip is concerned. For those that do not know, last April 30th (2007) I had my right hip resurfaced due to a combination of osteo-arthritis and possible past injuries. Resurfacing is very similar to total hip replacement. I had a couple of post surgery problems that sent me in and out of hospital for the month of May. My frame of mind was terrible. I went from 160lbs to 135lbs. I did not want to see or talk to anyone I just literally wanted to curl up and, well................

Fast forward to now. I very much enjoy talking and visiting with people. My frame of mind, so far, is good. My weight is steady at 160lbs. I know that in the days ahead I may have some difficult times but I will have to soldier on. I'm in this battle to win. Keep calling, keep emailing and keep blogging. When I'm not in the mood I will let you know and I'm sure you all will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment