Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Radiation Round 6 & Chemo Round 2

I now understand how cancer is the big equalizer. There is no discrimination between black or white, rich or poor, fat or thin or any other comparison for that matter. It simply is an equal opportunity disease. I also have realized that my life has forever changed because of this. We had an incredible visit, last night, to the Hopewell cancer support house. I know that I will be visiting there a lot. There are simply too many people out there dealing with really lousy diseases that none of us understand or think much about. I was one of those people. I get it now!

Radiation was pretty quick today. I get an xray taken every week to make sure they are "bombing" the correct place. Chemo went ok today. I was there about 4 hours. So far, all is well.

When I see all the people at the infusion center getting chemo I think to myself how much I should not belong to this "club". I simply joined the wrong club by accident! Who do I speak to to correct this matter? Something akin to an incorrect credit card charge. Truth be known, it's like a random selection. It was not because I was good or bad or said something awful and offensive. If that was the case, I would have been doomed long time ago. I'm sure you all understand that I am being very "tongue in cheek" about this. Just my warped sense of humor.

I now have to embrace this club and help myself and others in it. I have to relish the benefits. Hey, there is nothing wrong with free parking. I get it now. I understand my task ahead.

Dinner at Chicken Out. Whoopee.

5 comments:

  1. It wasn't that bad. Good pannini's.
    Dadrian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you grow up so quickly?

    Bert,
    You are an inspiration. I didn't know that you had such confidence and fight in you. I've always known you as my kind, funny and compasionate friend and my son's godfather and chief corrupter. It's just so reassuring to see you take your fight on with such determination yet typically be concerned about others who have cancer, or whatever problem they may be facing. You are just such a wonderful guy, and I look forward to your return to the cockpit where you belong.
    Mugabe is holding on to this election result like a deluded moron. If he steals this election, I hope the citizens in Matabeleland, Mashonaland and Manicaland get up at chaya that mamparrah. Keep up the blog Reginald. You are an inspiration and my current hero (even if you come from that dorp Bulawayo.)
    Fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allow me to translate for my "simple" but very long time very good friend Al Goldfish (Goldstein).
    "chaya that moron" means beat the hell out of that idiot. Very fitting. Bulawayo was th town I was born in. Al is from Harare. Formerly Salsbury - the toilet bowl of Zimbabwe.
    Love you man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly(Knob,)
    Salisbury is spelled with an "i" as in Salisbury. Now for those who bother to read this edjumacated dog drivel, Bulawayo means "The Place of the Slaughter." Cool name for a town if you name is Dingaan. Salisbury is from the French Celtic meaning "Coolest frikkin pace on earth where chicks dig guys." Unfortunately, Mugabe comes from Harare (which is what that Nyoka changed the name to from Salisbury.) Harare means "Place where you have to ue a long tickey to get a free game of pinball." I am pleased to have been of service to you as your translator and wiser upper of inadequate Milton High School and drivers licence school. The Mukkumburra Mauler.
    AKA Fish.

    ReplyDelete