Saturday, September 10, 2011

Visit with the Mhlope Family and dinner with the Elders

Went to Old Luveve to see the Mhlope family. I had some gifts for them as well as I brought along Mr. Khumalo (our Zimkids builder) to see what repairs were needed at the house.


Went back to the house for a quick siesta and then did a drive around with Silvi. It's so much easier (and legal) to have someone else drive and me film ! Went back to Ilan's house/internet cafe where I was able to “punk” Ilan (via phone) really well with the help of Silvi and Opah.


In the evening I took the Zimkids elders, Tinashe and Dennis out for a Chinese dinner. What a load of fun meeting the new group of elders. Then off to the ice cream store for dessert. The kids loved it when I tried out my Ndebele language skills. Lionel has promised to give me a school book on learning to speak Ndebele. I wonder why :)


I then meet Silvi, Lee and few other friends for dessert at a restaurant in suburbs. Who says there are very few places to eat out in Bulawayo. More than you think.


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment