Thursday, September 8, 2011

Matopos and cricket

We opted to forgo the morning bush walk and sleep in. Rise and shine at 7 am and then breakfast at 8 am. We were joined for breakfast by the Lodges owner who I had met previously at the Hide in Hwange. Then it was a short drive back to Bulawayo for my morning meeting with the Doctors. What a get away and so close.
My meeting with Dr. Dixon and Dr. Ndebele was very productive. I had brought with me a number of packets containing samples of the medical supplies we are intending to ship to them in Bulawayo. Very few items were rejected and I was able to establish which items were hugely important. I go back to the USA with a good clear idea of what's needed and wanted.


Early afternoon Silvi and I went to watch the International cricket match between Zimbabwe and Pakistan. Here is the chronology:
  1. 3 and a half minute drive to the “stadium” Queens Sports Ground.
  2. 45 seconds to Park the car.
  3. 42 second walk to the main gate.
  4. Pay your US$3 entry fee.
  5. 38 seconds to find a great seat.
  6. Watch a very entertaining game.
  7. 49 seconds back to the car.
  8. 4 Minute drive back to the store (heavy traffic)
What I'm trying to show here is how ridiculously close and accessible everything is here. So stressful :)


Wonderful dinner with Lee and Silvi at Maxi's. It was wonderful to see my good friend Massimo Bulletti (the owner) again He is a very special man. I will elaborate later on.


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment