Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Visit to the Center and Matopos

Went to see the Center. I am so delighted and impressed at how things have progressed. Good to see all the people again. I am planning to bring lunch for everyone (14) on Friday.


Silvi and I drove out to Matopos to spend the night at Big Cave Lodge. It's a 45 minute ride from the house but once you are in the Matopos hills it's like being in another world. Peaceful, impressive, sheer beauty, haunting................... but don't take my word for it. Check out the pictures once I post them.


We did a short sunset drive with our guide Clia. Then we climbed this huge granite hill for sundowners and watched the sunset. Back to the lodge for a lovely dinner with all the other guests (5 German tourists). After sitting around the campfire and farting schmoozing it was time to hit the hay. Not before Silvi and I walked up the small granite hill behind our bungalows. It took us about 20 minutes to find the Southern cross and figure out which direction was north. Last of the great white navigators !


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment