Thursday, September 18, 2008

A visit to Montauk

Another day and even more sunshine! Usual great breakfast and a lie at the pool! Oren, Ilan and Carolina went off to the beach and when they returned we all drove off to Montauk and had fish and chips for lunch at Gosmans. The view was beautiful and the ocean looked rough and wild! After lunch a visit to the lighthouse and a walk up the spiral staircase and I was not even out of breath! I did,however, have a nagging headache which developed throughout the day and the coughing doesn't help...it actually makes it worse. I did try and ease the cough with cough syrup but I do think that it's because I'm now off all steroids and I need to try and manage my lungs and deal with the cough. We will speak to the 'team' and see what the recipe going forward is...the flight home tomorrow isn't too long so no worries there!

Anyway we climbed up the lighthouse and then headed back to East Hampton where we all swam,jacuzzied and relaxed. I had a little sleep and Ilan prepared the barbie...turf today!

Oren and Rus went on a pie search. The Hampton's are really famous for their pies and we had to have one...they came back with TWO. Rhubarb and three berries!

The barbecued meat was excellent and the meal was wonderful. I really was feeling under par but I still ate! Rus and I had our pie on the bed watching telly...eating famous pie while we watched the world in meltdown!!
Earlier night than usual and hopefully wake up feeling a little better!

Carpe Diem.
'

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't go in to shock when you have to go back to work. Had a nice dinner with Bill McKenzie tonight. He is here for -400 sims. Glad to hear you are enjoying your time with friends and family.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete