Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beach and barbie day

We all awoke to a glorious day and a warm pool with the hot jacuzzi gently humming away! This is definitely the way to live! A huge breakfast followed and please note that it is imperative that I note my eating habits because they are so different and it is wonderful to be enjoying food again. I am not allowed to have grapefruit because apparently it interferes with the medication but nothing else is barred and believe me nothing is! I don't have much taste for alcohol but not sure I ever did!??

Anyway, we jacuzzied and then Russ and I decided to do a little gardening! The two neat freaks could not stand the encroachment of weeds on the path so we gardened! Also rearranged the furniture on the deck and generally made the place ours!

Lunch was the rest of the contents of the fridge and then we went to the beach driving round Lily Pond Road which is unbelievable! We were literally blown away by the beautiful homes and manicured gardens.
We played a sort of cricket/baseball on the beach and just enjoyed the laziness of the day. The season here is over and all the beach was empty and so beautiful,clean and quiet.

We decided to barbecue for dinner and what a feast! Actually we bought enough food for two barbies. It was the surf tonight and it's the turf tomorrow. Ilan was the master chef and the menu consisted of shrimp, snapper, sea bass and lobster accompanied by corn and salad! Perfect!
Icecream and popcorn to follow with a movie (The Cleaner with Samuel L. Jackson)......are you jealous yet!

Diana called with a message from Dr. Erlich. The blood work looked fine and I can stop taking the potassium supplement. He is also giving me something else for the cough. Not steroids!

Wait until tomorrow......

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. Sounds idyllic. September is the best time for the Long Island beaches. Water is warm and the beaches are empty. Your meals sound amazing. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!
    I was supposed to be in Fire Island with friends this weekend- could have stopped by and see you all...
    Oh well, maybe you should consider traveling a bit further to ‘up-state’ and visit here. I promise I’ll cook you some Israeli food!
    Send my love to all over there.
    Tal

    ReplyDelete