Monday, September 15, 2008

Blood work day

Today I had my bi-weekly blood work done at Quest Labs. Hopefully they will get the results to Dr. Erlich fairly quickly. I'm sure everything is ok but there are a ton of things they are monitoring so it will be nice to know that all is ok. I have finished taking the Prednisone and the Nystatin and now all I'm on is the Cymbalta, Sutent and a potassium supplement. Hopefully I will be able to stop the potassium supplement if all is well with the blood work. I'm also back on a multivitamin a day and fish oil supplements for cholesterol. No, it's not that bad!

I have started doing sit-ups and push-ups and will build up slowly to other exercises. I'm still coughing a bit especially if I take a deep breath so the cardio stuff will have to wait. I have been wearing a pedometer some days and showing about 4 miles of walking etc.etc. Not too bad!

I had to drop a few things off a Sinai hospital so I decided to pay a quick visit to Mary at the infusion center. It was great to see her again. She said I looked really well and I told her I was feeling good. I weighed myself and came in at a whopping 141 lbs (64 kgs). I have put on about 10 lbs in the last short while. I'm hoping to get back to about 155 lbs of lean, not-so-mean, non-fighting machine.

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. I had trouble all my life controlling my weight. Up and down, up and down. Then I discovered the great equalizer, BEER. Now all I do is increase or decrease my beer intake as required to maintain a steady weight. I look at it as inflating or deflating the spare tire around my middle. Hope this helps.
    Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting on 10 pounds. Way to go. Brings to mind that mantra: "Those who eat well, do well." And I really like how you're seizing the day. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete