Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend Update

Diana and Rob left today for New York. No, Rob is not missing school. She starts on Tuesday. Phil got them US Open tickets and they were thrilled. Both of them are big tennis fans. They will be back Monday.

In the mean time............Mike and I have plans to go for a really cool dinner. We are going to an Afgan restaurant here in Baltimore called Helmand. It's named after a province in Afghanistan and interestingly it is owned by the brother of Hamid Karzai (the president of Afghanistan).

Now here is something really weird. My friends Ilan and Robin are also going for dinner with their Baltimore friends and guess where they are going? Helmand. Of all the bloody restaurants in Baltimore they had to copy us. Wankers. I will, however be dinning with my son. Maybe they will send over a bottle of wine from their table to ours!!! Yea, right.

Yup, true to form. Great dinner, great dad/son bonding and yes, we did see Ilan etc.

Sunday Mike, Kevin (his best friend) and Kevin's dad went for Dim Sum (Chinese brunch) and then downtown Baltimore to the Science Center. We went to see the exhibit called "Body Works". How amazing. I thought I would be uncomfortable viewing preserved bodies without skin. Looking at all the muscles and organs etc. etc. But I wasn't. The only thing that made me uneasy was looking at the lungs. Some healthy and some not so healthy!!! Go figure. I'm not doing this exhibit justice with my description suffice to say you can probably look it up on the internet. All in all, a great afternoon.

After getting home Mike went out and I went to friends in the "hood" for a Labor Day BBQ. Once again, I ate like porky the pig. Boy it's nice to be able to do this again. A few games of Backgammon later I went home to hang out with Max, eat and watch a movie.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. Hellooooooooooo Ade! Don't know where I've been the past many days, but I realize I've missed you! It was great reading what you've been up to lately, and I am thrilled to see that you are doing so well and having a good time. Vegas sounds like it hit the spot with the dining, spa stuff, gambling, shows, and hanging out with family. I have to say, Ade, you do make me laugh! As they say in Boston, "You're pissah!!" I hope I can "pass" the word verification below; just FAILED in a previous message. It was insanely tough to decipher!

    ReplyDelete