Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Appointment with Dr. Erlich

Let me catch you up with yesterday (Monday). Di and Rob came back from New York after having an incredible Sunday watching Roger Federer, Andy Roddick and Yelena Yankovic all win their respective matches at Arthur Ashe Stadium. What a thrill. They also had fun with Phil and the gang in New York. Thanks Phil for the tickets. In the mean time, Mike and I had a good weekend together (teenagers!!!).



Today I had an appointment with Dr. Erlich, our oncologist. I'm all set to start the (Sutent) pill tomorrow. But before I do, I had to sign a consent form acknowledging possible side effects. Dr. Erlich told me my hair may turn white and my skin may darken. How dark, I inquired? He answered, "the same shade as my countrymen". After reeling me in, he burst out laughing. It would only look like a slight tan. I was had! Nice one. There are other side effects he listed but hopefully I will react well to this one-a-day pill. Without getting too technical, the pill itself is a targeted cancer drug that goes after fast growing cells genetically. I'm not trying to blow any one off (so to speak) but you could probably get better info (if you are interested) by "googling" Sutent.

Oh, Porky The Pig(Skin) has gained a Kilo. Yeehaa.

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. Adrian,
    Don't you hate it when someone reels you in that well? What are the new drugs for? Speaking of lumberjacks we just returned form the Alaska State Fair and the highlight was the lumberjack show. See you for Spamalot in Anchorage next April.
    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade, good job on the kilo! mmm...raspberries and cream from room service!

    ReplyDelete