Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Update


Check out the tenderloin, mushrooms and boerevors (sausage).

Wow, what a weekend. The weekend that I was so looking forward to arrived and it was truly amazing! Let me set the scene! I have been feeling well, eating more than usual, sleeping better and at least not getting so worked up about it, and the latest set of meds were almost done. The fridge was so packed it was hard to open. The spare beds were all made up. The pool was very warm! Just the way I like it. Phil, under Rus' instructions, had washed Max so he too was ready (no doggie smell). AND I slept well enough!

The first of my visitors was here. Sylvie. Ilan arrived at 10:30am and Jack at 1:00pm and it was awesome to see them all. We had lunch together and so began an eating and laughing festival that went on till they left on Sunday at noon. As tired as I was nothing kept me away for long. We swam all afternoon and when it rained sought refuge in the pool room and played pool whilst snacking on chips, nuts,and junk. Well, not so much me but I am filling in the food bits earnestly to prove that I am trying. The evening barbie (braai) was perfect. Our friends Sandra and Neil arrived also laden with food (African sadza - corn meal) and we really enjoyed the evening together. I was up late and it was special! Mike has gone to Mexico so he missed the meat fest but I'm sure he will have a great time there. Rob actually went sailing for the day so you can see we were all back to fun and normal!

Sunday I actually overslept(8:ooam)!!! A nightmare crept in ....perhaps because I have my PET/CAT scan on Tuesday??? I was,however, able to push the anxiety aside and we had a great breakfast/brunch together followed by a laze at the pool. Good friends are an amazing source of energy and I am so appreciative of the visit. A real tonic! Thanks guys and hope to see you soon!The rest of the day slowed down, rested,swam with Rus and ended a wonderful weekend with a good movie. Ready to greet the week full on!

Ilan (Ivan), Jack (Tommie), Ade (Skin) and Hylton (Silvie).

2 comments:

  1. What great friends. What a great weekend. Proves that great friends are the best medicine.

    and what's with the curled up meat????Looks like snakes on a plain! don't eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo of you 4 guys makes me feel so much better about myself

    ReplyDelete