Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Must be surgery day!


This morning, bright and early, I went for an Endoscopy at Sinai Hospital. They gave me "twilight' sedation (code word for not general anesthetic) and then looked down my throat with a scope. My surgeon, Dr. Lynne Skaryak, spoke to me afterwards in the recovery room. She said everything looked fine except for some typical post radiation scar tissue. The swallowing issue was due to some narrowing of the esophagus due to the scar tissue so she dilated my gullet!

I just have some mild throat pain right now due to the procedure but it seems like my swallowing is much better. Yay!!!

Russ left for London last night. It was tough saying goodbye again but I know I will see her and the rest of the Bass gang soon. It's always nice having my sisters here "doting" over me. I am one lucky individual. Diana does her (more than) fair share but it's also good for her too.

I actually did a very brief mild weight work out for the first time in 5 months. I need to balance not burning calories during the work out and putting on calories for weight gain. How the hell does that work???

Chinese food tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I sympathize with the endo and dilation. Twice for me so far. REALLY liked the sedation however! Throat will feel better in a day or so and it helped the swallowing with me hugely! Yoda

    ReplyDelete