Monday, August 4, 2008

Chemo 6 (Round 2)

Monday and it's chemo!

Woke up to a glorious day after a less than perfect night. I can actually feel the anxiety before the scan creeping in but I am getting so better at pushing those thoughts away. One tool I learned from Randy Pausch's wife was the simple technique of quietly saying 'not helpful' to those unwelcome moments! It's amazing how much we can learn from others!

A short session this time so no time to even enjoy the sandwich or buy some chips (french fries). We were home by 1:30 pm and the obligatory rest was due. Actually, as I've said before it feels less necessary so I did a few errands. It is truly wonderful to have a little more energy and also to see how much pleasure everyone else is getting from my well being. Normal pool time and soon I will be starting on a better fitness regime! We're all nervous for tomorrow but 'bring it on'! We have no control over these results but we will deal with whatever! Dinner was great! I felt like liver and onions!....go figure! Now to try and sleep and block out tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment