Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday bowling?

Yes, we actually went bowling. Phil, Rob, Mike and I. Rob and Mike teamed up against Phil and me. It was not pretty. In fact at times it was down right ugly. Rob was the only one who had a fairly decent game and the rest of us were pathetic. There, I said it. We were even using the small balls. But all in all, it was a lot of fun.

I'm not feeling too bad today. A bit of a guts ache but that usually happens right after the chemo. Nothing new. The nausea seems to be controlled by the meds for now but my appetite is still not great. I now have a very good idea what it must be like to be a duck. Getting food stuffed down your gullet constantly. I swear I'm gonna turn anorexic and bulimic (whatever the hell that means). It just is really difficult right now because I really do understand the value and advantages of eating well but am laboring with this.

The sleeping is still not great and even the afternoon naps are getting tougher to do. The tiredness and fatigue are still a big issue. Maybe a good afternoon swim!

1 comment:

  1. Bowling???? Wow...who wouldda thunk that? I hope you washed your hands really thoroughly. Don't know what kind of bacteria live in those balls. And what about the sweaty rental shoes? You can't tell me that Phil actually slipped them on her feet. Don't believe it....

    ReplyDelete