Monday, July 21, 2008

Chemo 4 (Round 2)

I arrived at the infusion center with quite an entourage. Diana, Phil and Lil were with me. Mary took us back to our usual "big" room so things were looking up. This was to be my long day as I was getting all three drugs. My blood work came back fine and so the process started. A little over 5 hours later and we were on our way home. Phew.

I am generally feeling OK. The face deal has cleared up quite nicely but no pain associated with it anymore. The fatigue and tiredness are another matter. I know that I have to start doing a very light work out to help this process. Oh well, gotta start somewhere! There is also mild swallowing pain that I attribute to gulping (wolfing) my food down. My appetite is not great now so when I eat I notice this. My weight for the most part is relatively stable. Loosly translated - too thin. 130 lbs or 59 kgs or 9.3 stone.

Had a swim. Wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ade-
    Good to "see" you this morning! It must've been great having Phil and Lil for a visit. Lucky you to have such great peeps for family! It ain't always the case, ya know. All in all, it appears things are moving in the right direction for you. Of course, fatigue is an issue, but it sounds like you are addressing it and trying to work out a way to deal with and improve it.
    Swimming must be a wonderful way to cool down, relax, and do a little physically. Hey, it was your first swim of the season? Ya got me beat! I have yet to go swimming this summer. (Of course, not having a pool in my backyard makes it more challenging for me!) Also, just because I am Howard's twin, doesn't mean I am a swim-seeking creature. How's like a Labrador Retriever, sniffing out where the water is so he can go for a swim! He must've gotten all the "swimming" genes....
    That hypno-regression jazz sounds interesting; I'm assuming you use visual imagery to help with the healing process. Maybe even open up your chakras? (I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I've heard about this stuff!) Heck--use all of it, Ade. I'm glad you are able to get so much help and guidance to deal with all the challenges you've been facing. Keep at it, Bud! Hoping you feel a bit better each day.
    Adrian, not sure what my problem is getting this message to you. forgive me if it's in multiples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A swim?!!!!? Nice. That's a small but significant sign of improvement. It's good for the spirits and it's also good to try to get your body moving again. And that's such good news about your face clearing up. Five hours at the hospital yesterday is no picnic, that's for sure. But I'm glad you had your Entourage with you.

    ReplyDelete