Thursday, July 24, 2008

My weight (or lack of)

What I have come to vividly understand through this ordeal is how important a good diet is. Having said that, the chemo treatments do wonders to your appetite and taste buds and so the good diet seems to fade away. I don't mean good diet in the sense of ultra healthy etc etc. Of course you should eat well but the main thing is to eat. Everyone around me has been incredible trying to help me through this. Must be a Jewish food thing!!! I have been told on a number of occassions that slight weight loss during treatment is normal. Phew.

The face rash has improved considerably. Maybe I will post a before and after shot. I don't want to be too premature because the Doctors did mention it could flair up again. There goes my hopes of Prom night.

I seem to have had a few pretty decent days even after the heavy chemo Monday. They did lower the dosages slightly but assured me the effectiveness was not compromised. The tiredness and fatigue are still with me. Sleep is my friend, sleep is my friend, sleep is my friend............................................

3 comments:

  1. Adrian

    I have some weight you can borrow.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. bob is very funny. who is bob? That's not bob bear (and Ade...you know who that is, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Ade. Just checked in to see what's happening with you. Good news about having some "pretty decent days" after the chemo. The skin thing, too. Hope you can keep on an upswing!
    Wishing you a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete