Friday, May 9, 2008

Radiation Round 30

Round 30 went smoothly today. Let me just elaborate a bit. Every day, with regards the radiation, I mention quick, easy, smoothly, in , out etc etc. Well the actual treatment is exactly all of the previously mentioned words. It has been the cumulative effects that are now catching up with me. The swallowing is bloody awful and difficult. The fatigue is there big time. The external sunburn is very evident on my back more so than my front. I can only imagine what the internal sunburn must look like!

So, after saying all that, I only have 5 more radiation rounds to endure. Once the treatments end it probably and realistically will take another 4 weeks for the residual radiation to leave me. Can't wait.

To a few that I have spoken to on the phone. You say I sound great. I guess I do but I can tell you that it's been a pretty rough week or so. To those that I have not spoken to in a while. Thanks for keeping up with the blog. With the fatigue the way it is it can be challenging talking on the phone. Thanks for understanding.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian,

    Please let me know when you're interested in playing around with your telescope. I know it's hard for you to talk now, so I won't call you on the phone. And if it's too hard on your voice to have visitors, we can put this off till you're feeling better.

    Alex is coming home from Israel next weekend! It's hard to believe his 9 month stint is already over.

    Eric is going to Israel for 5 weeks this summer as part of Habo MBI.

    We think of you often and look forward to the end of your treatments and a complete recovery. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. (Since we're in the neighborhood, we can pop by to say hello whenever you're up for it.)

    Cheers,

    Hal

    ReplyDelete
  2. skin,
    keeep it going...you are a gentleman and a scholar...we are watching your progress on a daily basis....
    love stan and glenda

    p.s.- big day for wigan today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogee,
    It's early Sunday morning in Africa!
    I am up thinking of today's big game and of course, you.
    I was with Silvi yesterday (his birthday). He told me he called you.
    I keep on focusing on you as a strong, healthy man.That is my image of you.
    Go Man Utd and GO SKIN!!

    ReplyDelete