Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Radiation Round 27

I'm on hold for round 27. Seems like the machine is down. They will call as soon as it's running. Hopefully they will get me in.

I did get in after lunch today. Quick and easy and good to know only 8 left.

I went to the infusion center (hospital) this morning to see Brittaney. It was about how I was feeling in general and my pain in the stomach (appendix area). She wanted me to have a ct scan of my lower abdomen but after I saw what you had to drink (for the test) I had to squash that idea!

Just prior to the radiation treatment I dropped my Mom off at the airport for her return home to Boca. She was with us for 3 weeks and obviously it was tough to see her leave. I know it was also tough for her to leave as she can see that I am not in the best of shape or spirits since this all started. These past few days have been really tough physically and mentally for me.

I am supposed to go the infusion center tomorrow morning at 9 am for my Avastin. They will do a thorough check up on me before anything happens so maybe we will get to the bottom of this.

8 comments:

  1. sorry the machine is down. and what about your intake of food and water? Were you able to tolerate more? But as you said...only 9 more days to go...and that was yesterday so it's only 8. Almost there buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, I wrote a message and somehow lost it in cyberspace. Dunno where it is!
    Glad to know that you were able to get today's treatment. 8 more to go is good news! I'm sure it was hard to see your mom go off today, and tough for her to leave. It's no wonder that you are not in the best shape physically or mentally. This treatment business is not for sissies. You have been dealing with it all like a real trooper, but, it ain't no walk in the park. The good news is that you have only 8 more of these treatments to go, and you have managed to get through, what is it? 27? You're almost there, my man! I hope tomorrow's exam helps to sort things out for you. Meantime, just know that I am thinking of you more often than you know.......take care, Ade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin, I can tell tell you that all of us north of the border are behind you 100%. Better days are ahead for you! Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ade, for my brain PET scan, I had to drink something that looked like milk. Except it was warm. And I hate milk. And the nurse tried to sell it to me as a "pina colada". Ha, i don't think so. Unfortunately, I didn't man up enough and had to drink it down (oh yes, I held my nose and gagged afterwards). When you are done with this, we are going to invent a new taste for the scan dyes, yea? I'll do the science and you can fly it all over the world. What a team.

    Good luck tomorrow morning. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrian,
    Did McDonnell-Douglas make the radiation machine by chance? Have a reason for you to come visit Alaska, Spamalot is coming. Hang in there buddy.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogskin
    Keep looking at the finishing line. You're nearly there and you'll have the final game on Sunday to look forward to. That's the half-way stage and then 10 days later the big one in Moscow.
    Stay focused.
    Bulawayo is a battle for very many--no food and a feeling of hopelessness--once again the dictator has suppressed the will of the majority and once again we have been relegated to one column inch on page 32.
    This too, will pass.
    Ilan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for it Ade! I'vew been following yr blog and am full of admiration. Who knew pilots could also write?!

    Your bound to have down moments - it comes with the territory and I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be but we can all see how well you're fighting and that's the key to winning.

    If you've got this far you can make the rest.

    Take care

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  8. dad there are like a million people who read your blog! who knew you were so cool ;)

    love you papi!

    ReplyDelete