Thursday, May 8, 2008

Radiation Round 29

This morning I went for a lower abdominal ultra sound. Everything appears to be normal and the pain is subsiding. Good.

Round 29 went smoothly. Six more rounds to go. The swallowing is not getting any better for now. But at least it will improve down the road.

I was at the infusion center for another round of hydration and I think that should do the trick. What I did not know was when you reach a certain level of de-hydration most of the time only IV fluids will take care of the problem. I was also made acutely aware of the link between your blood pressure and your state of hydration. When I went in yesterday for the first round of hydration my blood pressure was 70/40. Not good at all. This morning my blood pressure was 110/70. Normal for me is 120/80. What a difference fluids and a day make.

4 comments:

  1. Ade-
    You are getting there! Every day another step closer to the finish line of this treatment. Happy to hear the ultrasound was normal. A relief, I'm sure.
    Yeah, fluids are huge. The body does not like to be deprived of fluids. Try and keep 'em flowing in--I know it's a challenge.
    And, tomorrow is Friday, so you've got a break in sight for the weekend. Hang in there, Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good report. Sounds like you're making things go in the direction you want. And good BP....120/80. Not bad for a middle age carnivore.

    Keep on hydrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus ade, 70/40! what are you trying to do? that means your blood pressure was so low you didn't even have a pulse in your wrist. impressive, but don't do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogskin
    Enjoy your weekend with Spike.
    Beware of babbling!!
    Best from Bulawayo
    Ilan
    P.S. GO MAN UTD!!!

    ReplyDelete