Monday, May 5, 2008

Radiation Round 26

Round 26 was, once again, quick and easy. It's the lingering and cumulative effects that are really tough right now. Hey, just nine more to go.

The swallowing is still tough and I know I am not drinking or eating enough. I know I subscribed to the statement "those that eat well do well". But I am really trying. Food is medicine. I know that. But it doesn't make it any easier with all this.

I spoke to Brittaney, one of Dr. Erlich's assistants, to mention and discuss a few problems with her. If my food and water intake doesn't increase I may have to go to the infusion center tomorrow.

Oh yea. We opened our pool for the summer. It is truly amazing how quickly the water comes into pristine swimming shape. I will try and think of my body along those lines.

1 comment:

  1. Ade-
    I'm sure the issue of intake for you is a huge challenge. "Easier said than done" to eat and drink enough. If you have to go to the infusion center,you gotta go and do what's in your best interests. Keep in mind that you are coming down the home stretch of this treatment--hang in there and get through the 9 treatments. Hoping that after that, these awful side effects will begin to wane.

    Meantime, it's nice that you have a beautiful pool to gaze at.

    ReplyDelete