Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Radiation Round 28 & Avastin Round 4

This morning Diana and I went to the infusion center for my Avastin treatment. When Mary saw me she asked how I felt. I said not great and she concurred just by the way I looked (no jokes please). She checked my blood pressure right away and it was very low. They could tell that I was very dehydrated. She immediately started me on IV liquids and within about an hour things were more or less back to normal. My blood work came back normal so they were able to give me the Avastin.

After the infusion center we went for radiation round 28. Just like the burger joint.....In and out.

Tomorrow the plan is for me to get and ultrasound of my lower abdomen first thing in the morning. The pain seems to have gotten better but they want to make sure there are no other problems. I will then do radiation and afterwards go back to the infusion center for another round of hydration. I guess I should have drunk more!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ade-
    This is how you find out how important something as "simple" as drinking water is so important. Again, "easier said than done." Dehydration can make you feel weak, dizzy, among other things. Glad you are getting help with rehydration today and tomorrow--you are like a flower getting the water you need to perk up!
    So, now you're down to 7 more treatments? Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there bud! Been a while since we had beers and wings! Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  3. good update. So glad the hydration worked. Sometimes the little things make a big difference. One more week to go.

    oh..and if you communicate with Ilan Elkheim (sp?), please tell him there's page 1 story on Zim in today's NYTimes. The paper is keeping the plight of your native land top of mind for concerned citizens of the world. When all the storms pass, let's plan to go back...eat some biltong and quaff a few frosty Lion lagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekend will be here before you know it Adrian. Hope the ultrasound goes well.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete