Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend update

Friday late afternoon, Diana, me, Mike and Kevin drove to Rob's college to pick her up and go for dinner in Bethesda. As I mentioned before, we went to P.F. Chang (sorry Pat) to celebrate Mike's birthday. It was a great dinner as we all have our specialty dishes that we love. Ordering was really funny because as we sat down we didn't even give the wait staff a chance to say "hi my name is......". We just say "hi, we are ready to order". It was great to see Rob again but the drive and the traffic were a bit of a pain in the arse! All in all, a really nice evening.

Saturday lunch time we watched Man U beat Fulham 4-0 in the FA cup playoffs. Shit, we are paying well. Sorry to bore you all with this incessant soccer (football) talk. I guess you have to be a fan.

Saturday evening we were supposed to go for dinner with some of our good Baltimore friends. I had been feeling quite decent for the last couple of days but for some reason I really started to feel like crap Saturday evening. I have no idea what to attribute this to. It's general aches and pains and fatigue. A real malaise.

Sunday I wasn't feeling that much better. So on Monday morning we will be making a few phone calls to our Doctors. We may also be going to see another thoracic surgeon who specializes in lung cancer to get an updated second opinion.

Ordinarily I really dislike TV reality shows. But there is one show I watch every Sunday evening called Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The basic premise of the show is ABC and Sears combined with a whole bunch of really generous companies and people helping those that really need help. Specifically building them new homes. I watch this because when I think my whole world is going down the toilet these stories really lift me and show me that there are many others out there that are also suffering but just in different ways. It also shows me what good there is in this world. What more could you ask for.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a good way to think about Extreme Makeover. I may have to start watching it now.

    ReplyDelete