Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phil's visit

Picture is from August 2008 Today is somewhat of a mixed emotion day. Allow me to explain. It's Russ's birthday today (yippee) and it's also the 1 year anniversary of me being diagnosed with lung cancer (oh shit!). So where are we after one pretty long tough year. Well, still here for one thing. I wish I could say that all is great but I know that we still have a good fight on our hands.
Gerry, Carolina, Ilan & Russ - London March 5th, 2009.

Now onto Phil's visit. As Always, the visits are way too brief but they are really uplifting for me. We talk about all sorts of things and plan all sorts of things. Of course, we always have to get approval from our older sibling for some of the nuttier things we plan. Suffice to say, a lot involves travel. I was actually able to treat Phil to lunch today which is a feat in itself. She always finds some way to justify paying for our lunches or meals but today I won. All $20 worth of it. It was the company that was worth a million.

Carpe Diem

2 comments:

  1. $20 meal. Such a bigshot macher. (I had har-gow for lunch today....$3.90 for two portions....so I guess you're a bigger macher than me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ade-
    I know the calendar is filled with all kinds of dates, reminders good and bad. We cannot escape that--it's what our lives are made up of---birthdays, and anniversaries of this and that. It's amazing how much emotion a simple date can bring to the fore. I guess in some way it's all about our lives and the memories we have of them. I can't believe it's been a year since you've been in this battle, but you have shown such tremendous strength, both physical and emotional, that you've been a wonderful role model for us all. I mean that, Ade, with all my heart.

    And I do know that there's another date coming up on the calendar that will mean I can actually see you in the flesh! This coming week! It will be something special to sit and talk with you! Looking forward! Til then.....take good care.

    ReplyDelete