Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Off to New York

Yup, That's right. I'm actually in New York. I decided, that after much pleading from Phil, I would return the favor and visit them. It's always a great break for me and a nice change of scenery. The bus trip up here is really easy. Three and a half hours in a double decker bus with internet. What else do you need?


I got up here just in time for lunch with Phil, Dena (David's daughter), David (Phil's boss) and me. It was a really nice lunch and great company. I visited the office briefly after lunch and then retired to the apartment to watch Man U beat Inter Milan and advance to the Round of 8 in the Champions League.


In the evening How and Phil put together a home cooked meal and we were joined by How's sisters Judy and Emily. Yes the very same Emily who makes all those wonderful comments on my blog. The first thing I said to her was "Man U beat Inter Milan and advanced to the Round of 8 in the Champions League". For all anyone knew, I may as well have said the same thing in Hindi. The look I got was of total confusion but at least I was able to explain, face to face, just what the hell I meant . By the time we had finished eating, talking and playing on the computers it was after 10pm. Being so driven by time, I immediately went off to bed. Phew. Almost had a late night!

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment