Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Meeting with Dr. Kumar

Picture is from January 2009.

Today we met with Dr. Kumar. She is the oncologist who has taken over for Dr. Erlich in the interim. I say in the interim because as soon as Dr. Erlich has established himself in another practice we will more than likely be moving there. The meeting went fine. We asked all our questions and confirmed the treatment plan for the near future. My next chemo treatment will be Monday March 16th. Hopefully, if I am doing and feeling well, I will get all three drugs again. So far this week I have been feeling ok. Better than before! My next scan will be at the beginning of April.

Now onto the really important event of the day. Dr. Chef Mike's birthday. Yes, our little snot goblin turned 18 today. We went out for a quick bite to eat tonight but the real dinner celebration will be this coming Friday evening. Diana, me, Mike and Kevin (Mike's best friend) will pick up Rob from school and go to P.F. Changs in Bethesda. Yummee.
Oh yea. Man U beat Newcastle 2-1 today. Still 7 points clear in the table. We are number 1.

Carpe Diem.

4 comments:

  1. Ade-
    I understood everything you said except at the end of your posting, "Still 7 points clear in the table." But then, that's not what I'm logging on for!

    Your photo is absolutely fab--you handsome devil! Beautiful shot!

    Happy to hear you are feeling better, and I am hoping that will continue. It sounds as if Dr. Erlich will be somewhere in the area for you to be able to get back under his wing. In the meantime, you are not losing time in your treatment plan since you have Dr. Kumar.

    Special birthday wishes to Dr. Chef on turning 18--Chai! Enjoy the celebration on Friday night.

    Keep up the good work, Ade. You are a real trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Chef Mike's name. So catchy.
    Happy birthday schmike! Ade, eat some of those lettuce wraps for me, yum...

    Love you,
    Lil

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go to PF Chang's without me. I guess that would only hold true in Spokane. Hope you and the family enjoyed the evening. Keep doing what ever you are doing to keep yourself so healthy. Dogs are off to Nome for the great race this weekend.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joss from Hong Kong. Please send Miguelito my best happy birthday wishes. Ask him if he recieved the giant tequilla bong that I sent him on Fedex from Kazakstan with a beautiful lime green Borat swim suit. I spent an amazing day exploring what remains of the Warsaw ghetto on Wednesday. Heavy stuff. Crew scheds called and they displaced me for the last 6 days of this trip. Sometimes things work out. My love to Eddie Doola, and the Count, and Feliz Compleanos to Miguelito.
    Fish

    ReplyDelete