Monday, March 2, 2009

Chemo 3 (Round 4)

Chemo day today and a bit of a reprieve. My vitals were all fine, my weight is down a couple of pounds and my blood work looked good. But all that taken into account (including the rough past week) they decided to change this weeks cocktail. I only got the Alimta. No Avastin or Oxiliplatin. So hopefully this will be a relatively good 2 weeks. Time will tell! Even though the blood work was good I will still get my Neupogen shots but this time with a small twist. They will be administered at home by Dr. Mike. Yes, the very same person as Chef Mike. He's the only one willing to do it!!!

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ade-
    Happy to see you on the blog! Good news about the bloodwork. So now you've got a "cocktail of the week!" Hope it hits the spot for you, and that you have a good stretch after you have it. I am amazed and impressed about Chef Mike. He's turning into a Lily P! Another skill to add to his resume. Good for both of you. FYI: Moose and I think of you often.

    On another note, condolences to your friend on the loss of Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade! I can't believe Mike is going to give you injections! Kudos for Mike. He's obviously trying to copy me in life and outdo me.
    Thinking of you, love you lots. Lil (aka Gish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I love Mike's new role. It's just like the way it works on the range or in the bush. The cook is also doc. He's good with a knife; doesn't make a difference whether he's slicing bologna and stitching a wound. It's all meat to the cook.

    ReplyDelete