Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend update

It's been a tough few days. I'm not sure I signed up for this.

As Diana mentioned in the previous post, I had my blood work done on Monday and everything looked ok on the report back. The only thing that was suggested to me was to try a supplement called Coenzyme Q 10 (CoQ-10). It's supposed to help with the fatigue. I have been taking it for a couple of days and am not sure I have noticed any improvement in the fatigue. Maybe I'm too tired to notice!

On Friday morning I had a chest xray done to make sure there wasn't a pneumonia developing or there was not more fluid buildup in the pleura even after the talc procedure. Our surgeon, Dr. Skaryak, saw the xray and report and said that what she saw was the post op results of the talc procedure. All else looked as normal as it could look! Yea, I know. It doesn't make me feel a whole lot better.

Saturday morning Al Goldstein (aka Goldfish or Fish) came to visit. We picked him up at the airport and he will stay the night and leave tomorrow. It's been really nice catching up with him about all the goings on at work (UPS). For those that do not know, Al and I are both senior Captains flying for UPS. He is on the MD11 and I am on the B757/767. Albeit not right now for me!!! I've also know Al since I was about 8 years old. He is the only one of my good close friends that knows me both professionally and socially.

Saturday evening Diana, Al, Mike and I went for a really nice dinner at Akbar Palace. Then back to the house for more catching up.

Sunday morning I made Al and myself omelettes and then off to the airport to drop him off. It was a really rejuvenating visit for me. The rest of the morning was spent watching Man U beat Tottenham in the Carling cup final. Yehaa!

"And now for something completely different". This afternoon I was in touch with Dr. Erlich. We had a wonderful conversation and I am sure I do not have to explain to you all how much of a mental and physical lift this was for me. I will elaborate more soon.

Tomorrow is chemo 3!!!

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. So great to have you blogging again. It's awful when you don't write (now, I'm sounding like a Jewish mother.) Just know your fans are all out here thinking of you everyday. Having a blog is like having farm animals. You've got to feed it every day to do it right. (There's a popular NY blog called Thedailybeast.com) It's nice that Alan was able to visit. You're fortunate to have so many devoted friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian,
    Glad you are getting plenty of rest. In Anchorage today we had the Running of the Reindeer like the Running of the Bulls in Spain only "cooler." We have a great group of UPS folks and you would really enjoy this time of year up here. The Iditarod starts next weekend as well. Caught the second have of the Arsenal game Saturday a.m. Pretty flat. Keep on plugging along.
    Regards, Pat

    ReplyDelete