Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From my perspective

As you can probably infer by Adrian's limited writing this week, it has been a pretty rough ride. Two of the three drugs are very heavy duty (Is there "light duty" chemo?) and both cause bone pain and fatigue. Not a nice combo. He pretty much slept through the first week - awake for only about 8 hrs per day. This was probably a good thing for him, but very difficult for me to watch. His blood work up yesterday (Monday) was perfect - good levels of RBC,WBC, neutrophils etc. He's a pretty tough guy! I would have to say that, except for his cancer, he's in good shape for the shape he's in. Just please keep reading and writing as this gives him a lot of strength in combating the constant onslaught of toxic drugs he must endure. As my favourite oncologist (Dr. Erlich) tried to tell me repeatedly, "This is a chronic condition". OK OK I get it now. Some people have diabetes, others cardiovascular disease, and Ade, well, you know the rest... Anyway, he, and we, are still plugging along and intend to do so for a long time.

Diana.

Carpe Diem.

11 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about you Ade. Sorry if my calls wake you, I hope they don't! I'm sure Max-e-la (as Bobba calls him) makes a great nap partner despite the fatigue, no? I would be happy to send Luca; he will lie on top of you no matter how many hours a day you sleep.

    At least it's February and this is when some mammals hibernate so by sleeping so much your actions are similar to those of, well, bears.

    Lots of love,
    Lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of us out here recognize that Ade's doing all the work while we sit on the sidelines waving our "Go Ade!" banners. My mom always used to say, "Sleep is like medicine," and I expect he'll be the better for all the rest he's getting right now. But, yeah, for you, Diana, it's not easy. Hang in there! We know you can't see us but WE ARE OUT HERE clapping and cheering your Adrian on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that times are so hard Reggie. I'm thinking of you and praying hard for this to end happily.
    Fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a class act and one helova good woman Eddie. We are all so grateful to you for doing what we would all love to do for Ade. With love and admiration,
    Goldschmeckle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the thorough update. When Ade doesn't post, I know that he's really bearing down. I agree with Lily about hibernating in February. Good plan for now. We're with all Baltimore Suskins 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have done this before and you can do it again...we are thinking of both of you.. hang in there

    love stan and glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just another check-in to let you know that we are thinking of you and your family. We know the road has been long and hard--we are with you all the time. Wish we could do more---Sending love from Boston-
    xxxx
    Em and Moose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skin, Your like the quaterback. You got the whole team behind you!
    Yoda

    ReplyDelete