Friday, October 17, 2008

What do I miss?



I have a lot of time on my hands right now to consider lots of things. So what do I sometimes think about? Flying. The very earliest that I can be considered for returning to flying status is August 2009. That date may even slide further.

So what do I miss after doing this for nearly 28 years and almost 14,000 hours of flying?

1. The spectacular view from my office window.
2. My close (fellow pilot) friends.
3. The meals and sightseeing with these friends in different locations around the country.
4. The challenge and excitement of flying wonderful planes.

What don't I miss?

1. The commuting to work with all the associated headaches.
2. The yearly checkrides and twice yearly physicals.
3. Being away from home half my life!!!
4. The stress of flying in really stormy weather.

I know there are lots more points I could include in each category. Suffice to say, I am incredibly proud to be working (temporarily indisposed) for such an amazing company as UPS. I am confident that they got a good deal when they hired me in February of 1988.

So what to infer or make out from this diatribe. Nothing much. When decisions have to be made considering my career and my future I will make them with the best possible information at hand and the most comfortable feeling in my heart.
Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed that you did not put having to sit through my landings on your What don't I miss list. You are too kind. Keep me posted on the plans. I love stuff like that. There is a lot of good going around when you get a chance to take a look.
    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something wrong with the picture of you in the cockpit. It's daylight outside! I thought you guy's were not allowed to fly during the day. Unless of course it was just after sunrise. Must be....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi adrian
    Love the view from your office!!! Beats the shit out of my Form 2 Science class!
    Glad to hear the results of your tests.
    Keep well
    Cheers
    McK

    ReplyDelete