Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday with Chef Mike


Mike was off school today so he and I did some stuff together today. Of course it included eating!!! Mike is quite the accomplished cook. He gets his ideas off the internet and goes with them. Today he decided on an Indian (curry) theme.

So first, we went to Chipotle for a Mexican lunch. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Then second, we went to Wegmans Supermarket and picked up all the ingredients that he needed to make the dishes he wanted. Quite an array of spices and herbs with papads (bread).

Thirdly, we stopped at Barnes and Nobles so that I could order my "Teach yourself Zulu" book. Zulu is very similar to Ndebele. The language spoken in my part of Zimbabwe. Why, you ask and what does this all mean? I will explain more and elaborate at a later time. Don't read too much into this. Suffice to say, I have a lot of time on my hands.

The dinner prep seems to be going well. Though the house does smell like the slums of Mumbai. I will let you know later how it all turned out.......................

Incredible! Papads, tamarind chutney, "green stuff' (sphincter burning hot), saffron rice and of course, curry. A really amazing effort but what a bloody mess in the kitchen. Oh well. The kid has talent. Now off to watch the debate.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm. that sounds great. hats off to Mike for being such an adventurous cook. And hats off to you for eating it. And I'm presuming you ate it. You said what it smelled like and what the kitchen looked like, but you never said what it tasted like. Just don't cook it the night before a colonoscopy. Sounds like it could melt the scope.

    ReplyDelete