Monday, August 25, 2008

More about Chemo 3 (Round 3)

Wow, wow. That was my wife's first post. What an incredible post. Thanks XXX.

My last chemo (optimistically) went just fine except for one minor hitch. The infusion was supposed to take about 2 hours and ended up taking about 4 1/2 hours. My blood work came back just fine except that my potassium was low. I'm not going to explain what that means suffice to say my doctor was not "alarmed". They did however, give me IV potassium which took 2 hours. I'm also on a potassium supplement until my next blood work in mid September.

I will be meeting with Dr. Erlich on September 2nd and after he reviews my blood work and EKG (ECG) he will be starting me on the one a day oral medication called Sutent. Hopefully all will go well.

In the mean time, as Diana so aptly put it, I'm (we are) grateful for every day as a truly wonderful gift.

From now on I will be signing each post with the phrase "Carpe Diem" (seize the day).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ade-
    Just wrote something to you and it disappeared into Cyberspace! ANYWAY, Diana's entry was beautiful---you have a wonderful, supportive family, Adrian. I believe that all those who love you, and have been following your day-by-day existence, recognize the gift of life. None of us should take it for granted! You are headed in the right direction, Ade. Hang on to the compass and keep going!

    ReplyDelete