Monday, August 25, 2008

Chemo 3 (Round 3)

This is the wife (Diana/Lil).

Now that we've reached yet another milestone (albeit a favourable one), it's time for me to write. Well, it finally came - the last round of chemo. A 5 month odyssey that will forever be etched in our minds. One that I hope no one else will have to endure, yet undoubtedly, one too many will.

I can vividly remember Ade's first session. There we were, the 3 of us (me,Ade,Russy) - neophytes - alternating bursts of laughter with tears of fear and apprehension. We quickly grew accustomed to the routine of being "hooked up", as our many dear friends and family accompanied us to the seemingly endless chemo sessions. To be honest, there have not been many "up" sides to this journey. Only 2 come to mind: the eradication of the tumor, and, learning the true colours of people - especially my 2 sisters-in-laws. How can I ever repay them for the care, concern and love they showered me with? Me, not Adrian - their out-law! To my transatlantic flying, and Amtrak commuting, sisters - I love you both. To the MATMMISH boys, flying friends, relatives, and anyone else reading the blog, thank you for all your love, prayers and support.

Ade, you're a lucky man to be surrounded by so many people who love you. I guess they see in you what I first saw 26 years ago. Who knows what the future holds for any of us? If there's one thing I've learned, it's that each day is a gift.

2 comments:

  1. We're so glad that this day has come. And what a beautiful heartfelt note Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade & Diana:

    Best wishes and continued improvement.
    Even Eliot Farley said that no matter how tired he was in the middle of the night, the stars at FL370 amazed him.
    Remain positive. Feel the support.
    Cheers,
    Daniel, Pamela, & Christopher

    ReplyDelete