Monday, May 12, 2008

Radiation Round 31

Rob is coming home tonight. It will be great to have her here with us. She will study here at home for her exams next week.

I just spoke to one of my good friends who is still living in Zimbabwe. He went out last night to pick up a dozen rolls. Yes, plain old bread rolls. It cost him ZW$500,000,000. No joke. He was lucky enough to find a place with rolls. I'm not sure what the exchange rate was yesterday but probably somewhere around US$3 equivalent.

One down four to go. That's how I am looking at this week. The swallowing is simply awful. No mater what I eat it burns like hell going down. I have to get some relief soon! My energy level is down right now and those short afternoon naps have turned into pretty long snoozes. Please forgive my brevity. I will write more later.

4 comments:

  1. we totally understand the brevity. it's just amazing and remarkable that you're able to update everyone every day. We all commend your courage and strength. We've been with you every day of this process and we'll be there at the finish line on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not long to go now...if it makes you feel any better most jewish chicks find it hard to swallow..so don,t feel alone...looking forward to you getting back to normal...united were so lucky.

    stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second How's statement, Ade. That's my exact thinking. You've got the right attitude that you only have a few more treatments to go. Your fan club out here does not expect long schpiels on your day-to-day experiences. Just seeing a word from you is great. Hang in there, Bud. Friday's just a few days away. We are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Ade. I'm thinking you may have had a tough day yesterday. But, it is now Wednesday and the finish line is in sight. Almost done with these treatments! Thinking about you lots and sending you positive energy.

    ReplyDelete