Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend update

On Saturday we watched Man U destroy Stoke 5-0. It was a very entertaining game. It was a much better result than last week when they lost to Arsenal.

Saturday lunch time, Chef Mike and I had a soup cook-off. I made a Thai Tom Ka Gai soup and he made a Chinese Hot and Sour soup. Judge Diana sampled both and gave us her unbiased and detailed description of what she thought of the soups. "They both tasted like crap"! Oh well. It didn't stop Mike and I from having a few bowls of each others' soup as well as our own concoctions. We liked it!

Sunday morning we went and picked up Rob and her friend Ilana from school. Ilana came in to go to her Aunt's birthday party so Rob figured she would come home for the day. Ilana's parents will take them back to school this evening. It's always great to have Rob home, even if it just for a day. However, she did inform me that my face looked fat. The nerve of her to be so brutally honest! And there I was thinking I was slightly stout and well proportioned. If this keeps up I will apply to play the character of Fat Bastard in the next Austin Powers movie. Anyway, back to the food..............Chef Diana is making a roasted chicken with Swiss chalet sauce and mashed tatters for dinner. Yummy, I hope.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment