Monday, November 17, 2008

Pay it forward

What an amazing concept. We are all so used to the concept of "paying someone back" that we seldom think of the alternative concept of "paying it forward". They both, obviously, have tremendous value, but the idea of not getting paid back for something you did for someone is really noble. Our way of thinking is so geared to getting paid back for what we do for someone else that it is difficult to think of not getting paid back. Somebody else will benefit and they, in return, will pay it forward.


Having said all of this, I need to pay it forward. Diana and I will be travelling to South Africa and Zimbabwe this coming January and our tickets to South Africa were given to us by Phil, Russ, and my mom as a gift. Business class, nonetheless. So instead of paying them back I will be doing something for someone else. Wow!


I also paid a visit to Rick Levy in Gaithersburg. We had a very interesting session but there are somethings that I am reluctant to talk about on the blog. No, I'm not a reincarnation of Liberace. There is, however, a need on my part to finish some un-finished business. Hence the project in Zimbabwe. I hope to have something to tell you all about in the not too distant future. Forgive me if this all sounds so cryptic and weird; I don't mean it to be.


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment