Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hanging out in New York

A Typical New York Day for me. Walking, shopping (looking) and eating. Doesn't get any better than that! I spent the morning doing just that with my Mom. Phil took us for lunch to a really nice (foo foo) Italian restaurant near her office. Not before having to say hi to everyone in her office!!! Talked to David Finn (top dog - excuse the description) and managed to get a few of his watercolors and a paperclip statue. He is an amazing and creative man. I feel like such a mooch. Oh well.

My Mom and I went back to the apartment late afternoon. I don't think my Mom has walked so much in quite a while. True to form, I had to venture out a bit later and get a bowl of hot and sour soup to tide me over till dinner.

Howard and I felt like sushi for dinner and no one one else wanted to join us. So off we went. I screwed up on one order. Vile sea urchin instead of fish eggs (cod roe). I guess both sound disgusting anyway. Then back to the apartment to watch the VP debate. How entertaining. I actually could have gone to see Spamalot instead. What an idiot.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment