Monday, September 29, 2008

Hospital day 4 and I may be busting out

Once again I managed to negotiate a fairly good nights sleep. They came in at about 6:30am and did the blood draw, vital signs, breathing treatment and repeat chest x-ray. They must have been all lined up outside my room door.

I am waiting for the official word but the blood work looked good and the chest x-ray showed improvement. Yehaa. My breathing is still not great but after a couple of days on the steroids things should start improving. My IV is now disconnected and I am on oral meds right now. Hopefully all this bodes well for my discharge. Stay tuned.

I'm out!!!

Diana picked me up late afternoon. It was so nice to get home. Got a special drooling, licking welcome from Max. Rob arrived from college early evening and the four of us were able to have a wonderful Rosh Hashanah (Jewish new year) dinner together. Hopefully this new year will bring us happiness and good health. It's been a bit of a rough year for all of us!

To all my family and friends celebrating this Jewish holiday, we wish you a peaceful, joy full and healthy new year and well over the fast.

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I would welcome to see the words "Adrian" and "discharge" in the same sentence...but in this case, I'm rooting for a quick and joyful discharge.

    Also...how are you blogging from the hospital? Do they have WI-FI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian,
    Hope my call did not did not cause your weekend away from home? Back in Alaska and starting to get ready for the winter. Saw the northern lights last night on the flight in from Louisville. Quite spectacular. Some time you forget about some of the wonderful things you see as a pilot. Get home soon.
    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete