Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Union Newspaper

This letter from me was published in our union newspaper August 11th.

TRUST YOUR BODY

To my flying family:

On March 5th, 2008 I was unfortunately
diagnosed with lung cancer.
Just hearing the word "cancer" scares
the living hell out of me but hearing it
applying to me was totally overwhelming.
I will not bore you with the
details as I cover most of what's been
going on in my blog. Comments
greatly appreciated (or emails). All
my contact info is at the IPA
crewmember site.

http://asuskin.blogspot.com

What has sustained me through this
war/battle has been my family, friends
and, of course, my flying family, my
UPS management friends
and UPS (you all). The love, concern,
prayers and support has been positively
overwhelming.

The thing that I would ask all of you
is this. Trust your body. If something
(health issue) does not seem right or
persists please get it checked out. We
have tremendously good medical benefits
here at UPS. Use them! There are
way too many of us in this "Type
Alpha" career that think we are immortal.
Never happen to us. Well, I
was one of them and guess what? It
happened.

Warmest regards,
Adrian Suskin,
B757/767 CPT SDF

1 comment: