Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meeting with Dr. Erlich

Today was a bit of a rough day. I had really bad stomach cramps starting early this morning. As the day progressed it improved somewhat. The fatigue was pretty lousy today. Nothing a good rest couldn't take care of.

This afternoon we met with Dr. Erlich. It was a good meeting and he answered a lot of questions we had. So this is where we (oops I) stand as far as my treatments go. I have 2 more weeks of chemotherapy left ending on August 25th. I will then have a week off and then after some blood work, an EKG and a meeting with Dr. Erlich, I will start up on a once-a-day tablet called Sutent. We are not sure of the duration that I will be taking these tablets but I am sure the PET/CAT scans will have something to do with it.

Now off for a Schnitzel and rice dinner and more Olympics.

2 comments:

  1. Ade-
    It's amazing to me that you are almost done with your chemo. That is huge! I realize that you have the oral med afterwards, but I am increasingly encouraged by your news. The kicker for me is that you so nonchalantly say you're going off for a frickin'schnitzel and....remember when that was out of the question?
    I think I'll watch more of the Olympics tonight since the Sox are creaming the Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more weeks of chemo. Keep going! And next week you'll have ONE more week. Sorry about the cramps. Hopefully you don't have them today...or maybe it's from the (pork?????) schnitzel.

    And just asking....when is Zim's poor Christy Coventry going to win a Gold?

    ReplyDelete