Monday, August 11, 2008

Chemo 1 (Round 3)

This morning I had my heavy chemo day. Silvie came down with me and stayed for 4 hours. I think it was a little tough for him as he saw the whole chemo treatment. Needles, tubes, drugs and all. For someone to see me all "hooked up" may be a little un-settling. The treatment went fairly quickly. Mary was her usual wonderful self. We did not meet with Dr. Erlich but have an appointment to see him tomorrow. We have lots of questions.

Silvie was/is a "star" and a true friend. We spent some quality time together and he was a great house guest to have around for all of us. He left this afternoon to go back to Zimbabwe. We will all miss having him around but I know I will see him in the not too distant future. Safe travels "boet" (brother in Afrikaans).

Let me also say thank you, once again, to all my flying family who keep up with my travails on my blog. It is amazing for me to see a map of the world on the computer and see where some people have logged in from. Anchorage, Alaska, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Beijing, China. What a thrill. It's hard to explain the camaraderie amongst professional pilots. Suffice to say, they are like family to me. Speaking of family..................I can't say enough about the love and support they give me on an hourly/daily basis. So I won't!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ade! It's been a while. I believe How told you I was away last week---I forgot to let you know that I didn't just "drop off!"
    Am thrilled to hear of your progress---you are indeed on the upswing! Great news!! I'm sure today was no picnic, but it's what you gotta do. Hope you can continue to keep your chin up, and plug along. Nice that you had an old bud for a visit. I'm sure that did you a world of good. Sleep tight, Ade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, don't forget San Diego little Skinny Man!

    ReplyDelete