Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday in Boca (must be something medical)!

The trip down from Baltimore yesterday was fine. Ilan was kind enough to pick us up from the airport and was rewarded with a bowl of "ox tail" when we arrived at my Mom's place. It was good to see him. It was fantastic to see my Mom again. It's was also so nice for her to see the kids and Diana as well, and for all of us to be spoiled rotten with food and meals (snacks). I really need this.



Friday, feeling I was in south Florida, I felt the need to spend the day seeing doctors and having tests. I am of course, saying this "tongue in cheek" with all the due respect to the south Floridians. But the truth of the matter was I did in fact spend most of the morning and lunch seeing a doctor and having chest xrays. Let me explain. I have had this cough now for quite a few days (no it's not cancer)!!! In Baltimore I was put on an anti-biotic and an inhaler. When we arrived here in Boca there did not seem to be any improvement, this after 4 days. So Diana called Dr. Erlich in Baltimore and he wanted us to get a chest xray. We went to my mom's Internist where after lots of paper work and questions they listened to my lungs and determined everything seemed ok. Especially after I coughed. I guess that's the whole idea of coughing. We then went to the nearby hospital for the xrays as they could give us the report right away to fax to Dr. Erlich in Baltimore. Once again, after much paper work and questions, we hurried up and waited for the xrays to be taken. After all this was completed we were in touch with Dr. Erlich and he looked at the report and seemed to think a lot of this still has and had to do with the post radiation effects. He put me on Prednisone which is a steroid. The down side is my Olympic prospects were shot down but at least I may put on weight with this regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment