Monday, August 18, 2008

Chemo 2 (Round 3)

Today was my second last chemo treatment. You have no idea how thrilled I am that this stage of the treatment is almost over. It went well today and my blood work was fine. They have given me an anti-biotic and an inhaler for my cough so helpfully that will take care of things.

We leave for Boca on Thursday to visit my mom and celebrate my 52nd birthday. Jeez, that seems old! Phil will be coming in with Hannah (my niece) and we will all have a great dinner together on Saturday night. Hopefully, all will be OK with my mom and her apartment with regards hurricane Fay. Bloody nuisance.

3 comments:

  1. Yippeeeeeeee!!! If my math is correct, today is your last day of chemo. That is freakin' awesome! Ade, I am so thrilled for you--you've been a real trooper. Happy to hear you have plans for your b-day--I just hope Fay doesn't screw things up for all of you! Wishing you well (as always) and hoping you get a real boost from kissing that chemo good-bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're almost at the home stretch. (uh...don't know what the writer of the previous post was inhaling this morning.) One more to go! And it's good they gave you anti's and inhaler. You should start feeling better so you can plan your trip to Boca. Weather should clear up. Just check the live Boca web cam and the weather looks nasty. http://evsboca.netfirms.com/default.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday man. Cheers! Yoda

    ReplyDelete