Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday and the Amish

Well...yes! It was a good one,the sleep,the toilet even any of the side effects of the injection seem to be manageable. I actually noticed that I am ready to eat more and I am making a note of my intake to make sure I get the required amount so as not to loose weight but start gaining.

It did make me feel good that Sylvie was 'pleasantly surprised' at how he found me..Scary to think of what he imagined.Also so great to have such a truly great friend who has taken the time out and made the long journey to see me and walk alongside these next two weeks!! I know it sounds daft but I am very lucky...must have done something right, somewhere, sometime!

We had a visit to the Amish town of Intercourse PA planned depending on how I felt and so off we set! I drove all the way there and back...yes 3 hours! We stepped back in time and marvelled at the beauty of the corn fields and the pace of life which feels slower and more relaxed. Rob was the official photographer for the day and Rus the picnic organiser...little bags of snacks that were slid into a convenient position for my hand throughout the drive. When I was slow to get the food Sylvie was in there like a shot!

We had a quick look around the farmers' market and bought pretzels and turkey for the way home...exhausted by the time we got there but I DID IT!

My doc appointment this pm was ok but the fatigue had settled in so I was cranky and beginning also to feel a little achy from the shot. Didn't help that there was a huge thunderstorm which knocked out the cable and internet again!!! Really wanted an early night but my big sis decided we should chat...can't understand why she thinks 9.30 is too early to go to bed!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment